created by Jesus De Meyer
E dot software
CinematiX::two is the second version of a movie player. This program allows you to watch movies at fullscreen. You can also watch movies in its original size. The program has an interactive progressbar to let you forward or rewind the movie with the mouse. This version is nothing compared to the first one.
For all your comments, suggestions or problems you can reach me at the following addresses:
Website: http://users.pandore.be/edotsoftware (official server)
or http://www.edotsoftware.com (sometimes down)
Using CinematiX is very easy: just double click on its icon to launch it. If this is your first time using the program a dialog will appear which will ask you if you want to set the preferences (see below for more information). You can use the menu bar to open movies. "Present Movie" opens the movie at fullscreen size and "Open Movie" opens the movie and displays it in it's original size on the center of the screen. If you chose "Present Movie" a dialog will appear telling you if you want to switch your resolution. After that another dialog will appear. This is where you choose your movie.
The movie will start playing automaticaly, you can disable this in the preferences. To pause you have 3 options: you can move the mouse, you can press the "Pause" keyboard shortcut (command + "/") or you can press the spacebar.
When the movie is paused you will see several objects on you screen (only in fullscreen mode). On your left side you will see a slider where you can adjust the volume. To do so just click on the transparent button and slide it up or down. On the top center of the screen you will see the movie's current time. And as in CinematiX::one, at the bottom you will see the progressbar. You can now click on the progressbar to advance or rewind the movie.
To resume playing press the space bar or go to the File menu and choose Pause.
To stop the movie and close it press command + "w".
* Progressbar Hot Key: specify which key is used to hide/show the prograssbar.
* Allow mouse to pause: if checked, you can pause the movie by moving the mouse, otherwise the movie will continue playing.
* Always switch resolution: if checked, the program won't ask you if you wish to switch resolutions after choosing "Present Movie".
* Disable Progressbar: if checked, the progressbar is disabled and the hot key won't work.
* Show Desktop: if checked, shows the desktop instead of the window.
* Autoplay movie: if checked, the movie will start playing inmediately after you have chosen it.
- Mac OS X playback is slow. This can't be fixed by me, it might be that you don't have enough memory or that it's simply slow because Apple didn't optimize it.
- MPEG movies can't be played in Mac OS X. Apple didn't put the MPEG codec into Mac OS X.
- If you switch resolutions some of the windows that were left open in the Finder or in other programs will be moved. Not the programs fault, this is a general thing.
- Fixed a bug which caused the progressbar to flikker under Mac OS 9.04.
- Fixed a problem when dropping a movie into CinematiX. Now you can close the dropped movie.
- Fixed a problem when movies had finished playing.
- Mac OS X compatible
- Interactive progressbar
- Volume slider
- Auto detection of current resolution
- Shows the current time of the movie
- Added new ways to pause a movie
- More preferences than in version 1
- DivX and 3ivX compatibility *
- Added optimized AppleEvents
- Rewritten and optimized code
- Remains free :-)
* = you must have the DivX Player or 3ivX extention installed. DivX playback is only available when the DivX player is open in the background
YOU MAY USE THIS PROGRAM AT YOUR OWN RISK. WE ("E DOT SOFTWARE") CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSABLE FOR ANY DAMAGE THAT WAS CAUSED TO YOUR COMPUTER. THIS PRODUCT MAY NOT BE SOLD NOR MAY IT BE PLACED ON ANY REMOVABLE MEDIA WITHOUT FIRST CONTACTING THE AUTHOR. YOU ARE ALLOWED TO MAKE 1 (ONE) COPY FOR BACK UP PURPOSES, INTERNET BACK UP OR UPLOADING THIS PRODUCT TO AN INTERNET DRIVE OR SERVER IS PROHIBITED. IF A PRODUCT IS DISTRIBUTED AS "FREEWARE" YOU MAY GIVE IT AWAY FOR FREE, YOU MAY NOT HOWEVER PLACE IT ON A SERVER WITHOUT THE AUTHORISATION OF THE AUTHOR, AS LISTED ABOVE.