Goliath is an application to allow remote creation
and editing of documents on websites. It uses a technology
called WebDAV (also found in Microsoft Office 2000
and Microsoft Internet Explorer 5 for Windows) to contact
web servers and make changes to the files on web servers
With Goliath, users can:
* View the contents of a web site in a Finder-like
fashion (including size, modification date
* Upload new files to a website
* Create new folders in web sites
* Delete files and folders on a web site
* Rename files on a web server
* Download copies of files on a web server using Drag & Drop (including delete by dragging to
* Bookmark DAV resources for easy navigation
Planned features for future versions of Goliath include
* Copy, and Move files and folders on a web
* Lock and make changes to existing files on a web server (using the applications of their
* A users guide
Here's some pictures of Goliath in action...
Copying Files to a Web Server
This release has been tested against the mod_dav plugin for the Apache web server, Zope, and the Xythos server (www.sharemation.com). Please report any compatibility problems with other DAV server implementations.
This application requires a PowerPC based Macintosh running MacOS 8.5 or higher.
The homepage on the World Wide Web is http://www.webdav.org/goliath
This software is released under the GNU General Public License, version 2.0 or above. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place - Suite 330, Boston, MA 02111-1307, USA.
You can contact me by e-mail at email@example.com
Please report any defects discovered in this software.
* 0.1 - September 7 1999. Initial implemenation of DAV library. Support for read-only
display of web sites, HTTP authentication and proxy servers.
* 0.15 - September 28, 1999. FIxed problem in underlying DAVLib preventing DAVLib
clients from using the Sharemation server. Added New WebFolder, Import File and
Refresh View features.
* 0.20 - January 9, 2000. Added Delete functionality, Drag&Drop upload support, better
error handing and notification, progress dialogs with cancel mechanism for delete and
upload, use of OPTIONS to determine server's DAV ability, a new event messaging
mechanism, and misc. UI fixes.
* 0.30 - January 29, 2000. Extended Drag&Drop upload to recurse folders. Implemented
Drag&Drop download; folders are recursed and dragging to Trash will download to Trash
and then delete from server. Added the ability to save and load connections to and from
document files; this adds a primitive bookmarking capability. Document Icons now render
their icons directly from the creating applications; creator and type are determined from
Internet Config file mappings.
This page was created using TextToHTML. TextToHTML is a free software for Macintosh and is (c) 1995,1996 by Kris Coppieters