Copyright © 1996-1998 Than'l Interactive Design, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
theGRADER is the ultimate digital gradebook; it is designed to be simple, powerful and clean. theGRADER stores student information and comments, tracks assignments, calculates percentages and assigns letter grades for an entire class throughout a course. theGRADER was designed for educators by educators; it is made to be simple, powerful and clean.
theGRADER is distributed as E-MailWare. If you use theGRADER please write to us at the following address: email@example.com
theGRADER may be distributed and used in collections without prior written permission as long as the distributer is informed (via E-Mail at firstname.lastname@example.org), it is not sold, and as long as it is only distributed in its complete, original and unaltered form.
* Student Information & Comments... 7 Student Information fields are available to store names, phone numbers, addresses, and other useful information on each student. For each student you may also type comments, or enter comments using theCOMMENTER, an automatic commenting utility built into theGRADER.
* Projects... Courses may have up to 100 graded items (called Projects). Each item may be assigned its own name and percentage of the final grade.
* Grades & Grading Schemes... Seven different grading schemes are provided to satisfy a variety of teaching needs. If none of the provided Grading Schemes suit your needs you can create and save "Custom Grading Schemes" which theGRADER will use to figure grades. Grades may be given in percent or letter grade formats.
* Current & Final Grades... theGRADER will figure Current Grade Averages (based on the number of projects completed in the course) and Final Grades for each student, and list them as both percentage and letter grades.
* Saving... theGRADER saves all new information as it is entered so you never need to worry about saving!
* Exporting... theGRADER will export individual student reports including all grades, student information and comments as plain text files accessible by any word processing program. theGRADER will also export a class list with all Current Grade Averages or Final Grades listed.
* Printing... theGRADER will print out individual student reports including all grades, student information and comments. theGRADER will also print out a class list with current average grades or final grades listed for each student.
* Import... theGRADER 2.x will import classes which have been entered into earlier versions of theGRADER.
MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS...
* theGRADER-PPC requires a Macintosh PowerPC computer with at least 5MB of free RAM
* theGRADER-680x0 requires a Macintosh with a 68030 processor or greater, System 7.1 or later, and 5MB free RAM. A 640x480 or larger color monitor is recommended.
theGRADER is designed to be very user friendly but in case you have troubles, the following are a few steps to help you get started for the first time.
1. Make a copy of the grader and change it's name to the name of your class. This way it is easy to keep track of multiple classes with multiple copies of theGRADER.
2. When theGRADER opens you are presented with a screen which shows a single button. As a small (very small) security feature, there are two modes to theGRADER; by pressing the "Teacher Icon" on the button you will jump to teacher mode, by pressing the "Student Icon" on the button you will open in student mode. To switch from teacher to student mode (or vice versa) at any time, click the appropriate icon.
3. To change Project, Grading Scheme, and Student Information settings to the settings required for your class, select "Settings" from the file menu.
4. To add a student press the large "plus" button.
5. To delete a student, press the large "minus" button.
6. To comment on the current student, press the "pencil" button.
7. To print a data sheet on the current student press the "print" button.
8. To export a data sheet on the current student press the "save page" button.
NO GUARANTEES, LIABILITIES, WARRANTIES, OR RESPONSIBILITIES ARE IN ANY WAY MADE OR IMPLIED BY THE AUTHOR OF THIS PROGRAM, THE DISTRIBUTORS OR BY INCWELL DMG, INC. IN NO EVENT WILL THAN'L INTERACTIVE DESIGN, OR INCWELL DMG BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING ANY LOST PROFITS OR LOST SAVINGS, EVEN IF A COMPANY REPRESENTATIVE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, OR FOR ANY CLAIM BY A THIRD PARTY. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. SOME STATES OR JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, OR THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY MAY LAST, IF THAT IS THE CASE IN YOUR JURISDICTION PLEASE DO NOT INSTALL THIS SOFTWARE. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.
This utility was designed, written and coded by Nathaniel Brockmann. All scripts, designs and interfaces copyright ©1996-1998 Than'l Interactive Design.
Portions copyright ©1989-1998 IncWell DMG, Ltd. This application was create using SuperCard®.
Special thanks to Anthony Rozak and Sue O'Donnell for their suggestions, critiques, comments and invaluable assistance through the years.
In general, mail and telephone support is not provided for theGRADER, however e-mail to email@example.com is welcomed and will be answered as soon as possible.
THAN'L INTERACTIVE DESIGN...
Than'l Interactive Design provides elegance and understanding in design. Our software, multimedia, web and print solutions combine intelligent media choices with creative design solutions to produce exciting work for our clients and users. Visit the Than'l Interactive website at www.thanl.com
theGRADER VERSION HISTORY...
Version 2.0.3 - December 07, 1998
- Fixed minor bug involving System 8.5 & the Charcoal System font
Version 2.0.2 - December 02, 1998
- Fixed incompatability with Font size on some machines
- Calculate all current & final grades options added
- Minor bug fixes (Settings window)
- Jump To options added
- Version 1.5 import option added
Version 2.0.0 - November 20, 1998
- Printing capabilities greatly improved
- Saving capabilities improved
- System 8.5 compatibility added
- Custom Grading Schemes added
- Maximum projects raised to 100
- Go To & Go Again features added
- Current Average Grade feature replaces MidTerm Grade Option
- Various interace enhancements
- Up/Down arrow key bug fixed
- Bug when printing long student comments fixed
Version 1.5 - October 01, 1998
- Printing capabilities added
- Various interface enhancements
Version 1.3 - January 03, 1998
- Initial public release
- System 8.0 compatibility issues solved
- Preferences window problems fixed
- Export to text capabilities added
- Grading schemes updated and simplified
- Letter and percentage grades now accepted
- theCOMMENTER utility added.
Version 1.0 - August 18, 1997
- Initial release.
This page was created using TextToHTML. TextToHTML is a free software for Macintosh and is (c) 1995,1996 by Kris Coppieters